Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Back to hands on printing

Digital images are not doing it for me lately. They're too disposable. I'm sick of sitting at the computer processing images. Yes, it's faster, cheaper, better for the environment etc.  I'm longing for that tactile quality, the depth, the silver, the whole process that went into making prints from film. This weekend I will venture back into my dark cave after eight years to create salted paper prints on vellum. Typically it takes a few days to make a 5-10 images....... truly a labor of love. For me, it's well worth it. Nothing rivals that tactile quality you get from this process. Also, I've gone back to buying  3200 grainy film (film of choice). Since the film cameras have been sitting in the closet for 6 years they ALL need repair. It's been a slow and frustrating start, costing me a small fortune...... hopefully it will be worth it. Hey, I might even have a show coming up in the spring. Yikes, I wrote it in my blog, I guess now I'll have to really do it.....

No comments: