Wednesday, June 3, 2009

More Quotes for the People Photographers.....

This morning while waiting for my printer to print I picked up Words And Pictures by William Hicks ( photo editor at Life ) Copyright, 1952.  After twenty years of collecting dust, it was time. If only I knew there was so much to glean from this book twenty years ago ...... no use lamenting over lost time. Here's what I found when I opened to a random page....
"Know your people's surroundings, analyze their emotions, understand their motivations. Then by emphasis, get the significances of their actions. These add up to interpretation."
"If I have a secret in the taking of pictures it is anticipating the psychological moment"
- Eugene Smith

I wonder, are these things I am doing already on a subconscious level? Again, it doesn't hurt to reintroduce these principles and be conscious of them.  


No comments: