Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm Back and it's Skraptacular


Residents from Isabella Geriatric Center create a factory of making flowers from bottles for the Landscape of No Away , a community eco-art collaboration that uses materials from the trash and found texts from discarded newspapers to create a garden of flowers. Originating artists: Keesje Fischer and Patricia Eakins. Community Partners: Friends of Fort Tryon Park; NYC Parks & Recreation; Isabella Geriatric Center; Skraptacular, Time Bank, NOMAA, and friends & neighbors. A FREE OUTDOOR EXHIBIT at two sites:

The Fort Washington entrance to the 190th Street A train Station

Isabella Geriatric Center, 515 Audubon Avenue @ 190th Street







Sorry my dear followers for leaving you hanging for months. Let's just say I'm not the most consistent blogger but I haven't given up yet! Exciting news, I have taken Skraptacular into the non-profit arena. I'm keeping it local in the NYC district 6 school system and the Washington Heights/Inwood Community . This fall I will be doing the big fundraising push so stay tuned. Currently I'm gearing up for the Earth Day Parade involving my two Skraptacular model schools and then a rally/concert featuring Skip Laplant and Skot Hannah in the Anne Loftus Park on Friday April 23rd from 10am- 2:30 pm. On Saturady April 24th from 10-4 in Javits Park , Friends of Fort Tryon Park and Skraptacular team up with founders of The Landscape of No Away, Keesje Fischer and Patricia Eakinsin getting more plastic bottles cut and painted for the community eco-art project that will be an outdoor free exhibit at the Fort Washington entrance to the 190th St A train subway station and at Isabella Geriatric Center during the Uptown Art stroll on June 5th and 6th.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Michelle Del! You did it! One task checked off! :)

Anonymous said...

bentornata e buona Pasqua a tutti voi!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled for the entire community ,The school system is lucky to have your support and insight shaping these kids and their family.There are so many good things that I have learned from Scraptacular and aren't you glad now that you did not go with the original name idea ,LOL.The photos warmed my heart and the message and vision for this organization IMPORTANT for the planet and for creativity.You help me see trash is a whole new way when its crafted into art.Keep up the blog and the great work you are doing Michelle ,I love you and it!

Lizzi said...

These pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Great project!