I'M DREAMING OF A GREEN CHRISTMAS...
...Not just dreaming, but making a green holiday happen. Our 8th annual Holiday Eco Gift-Making Workshop was a spectacular, Skraptacular success:
- 200 busy elves of all ages beaded and collaged and sewed and glued
- 100 pounds of fresh balsam, recycled from the PS 187 holiday tree sale, went home in fragrant cushions to scent homes with the splendor of the season
- 50 Yards of fabric were fashioned into tote bags, aprons, cushions and confidence
- Dozens of champagne cork and wire angels flew into homes across the city
- 18 dedicated Skrap interns and adult helpers worked patiently to help transform old juice cans, wrapping paper or bottle caps into gifts and awe-inspiring gewgaws!
The Holiday Eco Gift Making workshop is Skraptacular's main way of sending the message of conservation, sustainability and creativity into the community. We couldn't do it every year without your help!
P.S. We hope you are now inspired to turn found objects and items you might have tossed into presents, hostess gifts or stocking stuffers!