Wednesday, June 9, 2010

2 am the night before installing
Shelly and Keesje preparing for the next day..... thanks Shelly!

6 am placing the piece de la resistance atop Mt. Fiji of plastic. Amazingly, that was the only piece that did not make it back to headquarters. It wasn't secured in the bottle and must have flown off. It says a lot about our neighborhood that NOTHING was disturbed or stolen.....that's huge. I got immense enjoyment from watching people of all ages interacting with the art. From what I observed, everyone felt free to touch and play with the work yet, the were careful not to pull anything too hard. I've always loved this neighborhood but after this show, it holds a special place in my heart.

Big shout out goes to Rowana Shepard who worked tirelessly for weeks preparing and Lauren Jobson who helped install at 5:30 am. Together they did the most fantastic job hanging the center pieces. I absolutely love how they incorporated the art into the beautiful iron work. Great job ladies, thank you!

The first person to view the show at 6 am





There he is again, SB Square Pants..... Please note, when I retrieve things from the garbage, they are thoroughly soaked, scrubbed, and washed.

What are we leaving for them?

Thanks NF for your help disassembling!
SCORE! If only I found them before the show.


The Landscape of No Away will be traveling- stay tuned. Next, the Muscota
graduation ceremony will be decorated with the flowers. This was a wonderful experience, I thank Patricia Eakins and Keesje Fischer for writing the grant and initiating this wonderful project, It brought smiles to many faces.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! next time you come in Rome I have many many corks for your courtains...........(I hope I wrote right)

Michelle Del Guercio said...

It doesn't get better than corks made in Italia!